Reasons why we dance! Dancing regularly helps us maintain good bone density. It is therefore ideal for menopausal women and this lubricates the joints to avoid cartilage wear.
- Dancing is one of the most enjoyable activities for most human beings.
- No need to be a professional dancer to feel pleasure and to move your body, alone, in a couple or in a group
- Since it is an exercise with many health benefits, dance is today considered a sporting discipline that can all be practiced to stay fit, whether for physical or mental reasons.
- For many people, it is much easier to do music exercises rather than traditional movements on the machines in the gym.
- Since antiquity, this practice has been used to perform rituals, to celebrate and express feelings.
- Today, dancing has become a therapy against the disorders of the body, which serves to control its emotions.
- Moreover, there is no age limit and it is possible to adopt a healthy daily program to enjoy all the benefits of this practice.
- In this article, we will share with you 8 good reasons why we dance and practice dance more regularly. You will be surprised!
1. Dance strengthens the muscles
- Each of the dances involves the work of determined muscle groups that reinforce themselves through repetitive movements.
- This means that with regular practice it is possible to increase the physical resistance without suffering fatigue or other undesirable effects.
- Dances like classical dance, salsa, or bacchante are excellent for strengthening and toning the legs.
- On the other hand, flamenco is excellent for strengthening the thighs, buttocks, and arms.
2. Dance is good for cardiovascular health
Like any aerobic exercise, dancing helps protect heart health and strengthen the entire cardiovascular system.
It lowers blood pressure, improves circulation, and encourages cholesterol elimination, thus avoiding the risk of brain damage and heart attacks.
For this, it is good to practice the dance between 30 and 40 minutes, three or times a week.
3. Dancing helps you lose weight
- The faster the pace of the dance, the more energy, and weight loss expense.
- With a 40-minute rhythmic dance program every day, you can burn between 200 and 400 calories, which allows you to be healthy.
4. Dance is good for brain health
- The effects of dance also reach the brain. They help to exercise active memory and the abilities that allow to do several things at the same time.
- It has been shown that people who dance regularly have fewer chances of developing a form of dementia or degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
5. Dance brings a feeling of well-being
- It is a great therapy to relieve depression, stress, anxiety, and other negative emotions that directly affect the quality of life.
- The practice of dance stimulates the secretion of serotonin and endorphins, also known as the hormones of happiness.
6. Dance improves self-esteem and confidence
- More than physical activity, dance is a way of expressing emotions and personalities.
- It is a way to connect the body and soul to consolidate emotions like self-esteem and confidence.
- Learning to dance is a way of surpassing oneself, and teaching dance involve the transmission of an experience that generates great satisfaction.
- It is also a way to increase self-esteem and confidence in the social environment in which we operate.
7. Dance increases flexibility, agility and coordination of the body
- Before starting dance classes, it is good to do stretching and warm-up exercises.
- The movements during the dancing rhythms allow to develop and stimulate flexibility, agility, and coordination.
- This brings benefits to the body in general, especially when there is a risk of developing Parkinson’s disease.
8. Dancing strengthens joints and bones
Regular dance practice helps retain bone density, which decreases in women who reach the menopause stage.
On the other hand, the joints are also maintained because the dance helps lubricate them to avoid cartilage wear and the development of arthritis.
Are you ready to dance? As you can see, this is great for your body and it is a very fun way to work and shape your body.
Start practicing dance several times a week and gradually use it as a compliment in your exercise programs.